Important information concerning transport and presentation of firearms
Information on transport and presentation of firearms
Enforcement of firearms law (Notice of Approval city of Nuremberg)
Application for transport permission (City of Nürnberg)
Application for special permission for the temporary import of “prohibited arms and articles” for exhibition purposes
Stand security manager
- Transport guidelines
The presentation of arms requires special attention and consideration due to existing statutory regulations and the conditions stipulated in the conditions for participation in the trade fair. In your application as exhibitor, you have agreed unconditionally to comply with the applicable statutory arms regulations and the conditions stipulated in the conditions for participation. We have summarized the most important points again below.
Please ensure that you comply with these instructions in your own interest and note that offences against the statutory arms regulations in force in the Federal Republic of Germany must be prosecuted.
1. Transport and presentation of firearms
2. Enforcement of firearms law (Notice of Approval city of Nuremberg)
3. Application for transport permission (City of Nürnberg)
4. Application for special permission for the temporary import of “prohibited arms and articles” for exhibition purposes
Please check the products you wish to present at IWA OutdoorClassics 2018, including the products of companies present on your stand as co-exhibitors. If any of your products are classified as “prohibited firearmsand articles” under the Firearms Act of the Federal Republic of Germany, you need a special licence from the Federal Criminal Investigation Office (BKA), which allows these products to be imported for a limited period of time for exhibition purposes.
If you are not already in possession of such a special licence (presenting prohibited firearmas and articles at IWA OutdoorClassics / Enforce Tac) and would like to exhibit “prohibited firearms and articles”, please fill in the form:
Please note that this special licence is issued by BKA and subject to an administrative fee of EUR 200 which is payable in advance to NürnbergMesse GmbH. If further permissions are requested, please note that each permission will be invoiced separateley.
Applications received at short notice and after the deadline (26.01.2018) will be subject to an express processing surcharge amounting EUR 100.
You will receive an invoice from us as soon as we receive your application. You can pay this fee by bank transfer, credit card or cheque. We will then forward your application and the payment to BKA without delay.
Payment of the administration fee of EUR 200,00 is requested in any case, also when applying products which are not forbidden.
A photo or brochure (not a commercial invoice) of the firearms and articles should be enclosed with each application so that they can be classified correctly.
Please note that regardless of the possession of a special licence, military weapons or fully automatic firearms are not allowed to be exhibited at IWA OutdoorClassics (see form for detailed list).
Please observe the above-mentioned instructions/requirements as violations will lead to exclusion from the exhibition and may result in prosecution.
5. Stand security manager
The details provided for the stand manager and deputy stand manager will be used solely by the exhibition management and local authorities for contacting them during assembly, exhibition and dismantling. The nomination of a stand manager is obligatory for exhibiting at IWA OutdoorClassics 2018.
Please read the instructions on the prevention of theft, gun security and the tasks of the stand manager and comply with it in the form below.
Prevention of theft, gun security
Products requiring licences (e.g. firearms and ammunition) must be protected against theft 24 hours a day.
- Short guns and long guns must be secured mechanically with steel cables, chains or other suitable fixing devices. This also applies to firearms kept in glass showcases. If the glass showcases cannot be opened by simple means or are equipped with an acoustic alarm, no additional security devices are necessary. Alternative security measures may be approved after inspection.
- With the exception of dummy ammunition, all ammunition must be kept in lockable containers (glass showcases).
- The permanent presence of stand staff is no substitute for mechanical locking devices.
Stand security manager
Every exhibitor presenting products requiring licences (e.g. firearms and ammunition) on his stand must nominate a stand manager and if possible a deputy stand manager and notify the exhibition management accordingly before the exhibition.
- The stand manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with the instructions on prevention of theft and gun security – see above.
- The stand manager is responsible for gun security on the stand between the start of assembly and the end of dismantling (assembly period, during the exhibition and dismantling period) if the guns are not yet or no longer secured in accordance with the regulations.
- The stand manager or deputy stand manager must be permanently present on the stand during the times stated above.
- The deputy stand manager may only take over the stated tasks for a short period.
- The stand manager is responsible for gun security for the direct exhibitor and co-exhibitors.