The exhibitor & product database of IWA OutdoorClassics 2021 shows all exhibitors who were registered for this exhibition. [status: 24.11.2020]
18 Brewster Lane
Shelton, CT 06484
In New England's Gun Valley, gun making is a tradition that stretches back for generations. In 1964 a new tradition was born, when a young gun designer named Douglas McClennahan founded Charter Arms. McClennahan, who had previously worked for Colt, High Standard, and Sturm Ruger, had a vision: to produce a high-quality, reliable handgun that was also highly affordable.
He realized his vision with the introduction of his first offering: a .38 special, five-shot revolver called "The Undercover." At just 16 ounces, the new gun was the smallest, lightest steel framed revolver in the world with the fewest moving parts. A unique hammer block system gave gun owners unparalleled protection against unintentional discharge.
The Undercover's high quality, light weight, and reasonable price impressed law enforcement professionals and gun enthusiasts alike. It became the basis of Charter Arms' success, and the platform upon which a comprehensive line of affordable, reliable firearms was built.
This success has continued to the present day as the Ecker family of professional craftsmen has maintained its high quality standards, its unmatched customer service, and its pride in the gun making industry.
For years Doug McClenehan was a gun designer with several prominent American gun companies. Using his strong engineering and inventive background he decided to go out on his own and in 1964 founded Charter Arms. McClenehan and David Ecker were lifelong friends and in 1967 Ecker became a 50/50 partner in Charter Arms.
Charter Arms revolvers were conceived by American engineers who sought to achieve a new and distinctive approach to handgun design, without disturbing fine gun traditions.
So Why Choose a Charter Arms Revolver?
- Smallest, lightest one-piece frame—stronger than screw-on side plate designs.
- Fewest critical moving parts for simplicity of design and trouble free operation.
- All barrels, machined with eight groves instead of six for higher velocity, flatter trajectory and better accuracy. All barrels shroud the ejector rod.
- Completely blocked hammer system cannot fire unless trigger is held in full rear position - safest revolver design in the world. In fact, Charter invented the hammer block transfer bar safety system used by almost every revolver manufacturer.
- Shortest hammer throw, fastest lock time.
- Wide trigger and hammer spur.
- Cylinder lock up is in three places instead of two: cylinder stop and ejector rod collar for additional safety, strength and cylinder-to- barrel lock up.
- No stud to hold cylinder in place when open--only US manufacturer to feature.
- 100% American Made | 100% American Parts | 100% American Owned
Charter Arms revolvers give you choices in your ammunition selection. With a Charter Arms revolver, you can cover almost any threatening situation in one cylinder load.
Since most threats take place at a range of 10 feet or less, you need an effective response. Charter Arms offer rugged, reliable and affordable personal protection!
Charter Arms offers you products from these product groups:
Clicking on an exhibitor opens his profile with more information.