The CMC Triggers Enhanced Bolt Carrier Group is designed for shooters who demand superior performance weapon components in the heart of their firearm. CMC Triggers manufactures the highest quality firearms components in the industry
Carrier Assembly: The flared rear of the enhanced bolt carrier is designed to reduce carrier tilt/cant during recoil and increasing reliability by strategically relocating key bearing surfaces.
The CMC enhanced carrier has fewer points of contact resulting in less friction area and the increase in mass ensures proper gas pressures and increases dwell time, thus improving extraction while shooting suppressed or short-barreled rifles (SBRs)
- Case-hardened 8620 steel (complete care is taken during the heat treat process, so as to not harm the metal)
- 3 forward ports, enlarged to allow overpressure to escape
- Optimized for suppressor use
- Black Nitride Finish
- 4130 Steel, attached with Grade 8 hardware, torqued and properly staked into a milled “valley” around a fully encased ejection port area, for added strength and rigidity.
- Hardened 4340 cam pin.
- Mil-Spec firing pin made of 8740 steel, center-less ground and Hard Chrome coated.
Bolt Assembly: The Bolt is “true” Mil-Spec dimension and external surfaces are CNC ground after heat treatment for a precision fit. These bolts are held to the highest possible tolerance possible. The “trumpet” area behind the gas rings, where carbon normally collects, is precision CNC Ground after heat treatment, to ensure as smooth of an area as possible, easing clean up, and longevity.
- 9310 Case Hardened Steel
- All Bolt components Shot Peened & Black Nitride coated
- 4340 Steel, Manganese Phosphate coated
- Magnetic Particle Inspected (MPI) and High Pressure Tested (HPT)
- Black Nitride low friction coating
- Mil-Spec Extractor Spring & O-Ring
- 556 223 and 300 Blackout Compatible
BLACK NITRIDE is a process commonly referred to anonymously with SBN (Salt bath nitride) and sometimes QPQ (quench polish quench). All of these are a form of nitrocarburizing which is a chemical hardening of steel in short.
Black Nitride Finish Benefits
- Increased wear resistance
- Improved fatigue strength
- Better corrosion resistance
- Withstand corrosion per ASTM spec B117
- Improved lubricity
- Enhanced cosmetic appeal
Better corrosion protection at equivalent or lower costs than hard chrome nickel plating