"To teach and inspire the art of leathercrafting, one person, one class, one neighborhood, one community at a time."
Welcome to the fascinating world of LEATHERCRAFT.
Since 1919, Tandy Leather has been the resource for generations of leathercrafters, providing quality leather, tools, kits and teaching resources. Charles Tandy’s dream was to teach the world leathercraft, one person at a time. Whether you are a child or an adult, leathercraft offers fun and rewards to all that care to take the adventure. The history of leather speaks for itself, dating back to the beginning of mankind when leather was vital for survival by providing protection against the elements of nature when animal skins were used as clothing and footwear. Today, leather continues to be used for clothing; mainly for warmth and fashion but it goes way beyond those purposes today. Leather has captured the hearts of so many, young and old. We continue to strive to make Charles Tandy’s dream to teach leathercraft to the world one person at a time a reality with exceptional customer service, quality product offerings, and a welcoming environment that takes the mystery out of leathercraft.
Tandy Leather is the world’s leading distributor of premium leather and supplies. We have almost 100 years of experience in the business. With over one hundred stores in operation, we are ready to serve and offer you –
- Customer Satisfaction – Our most important responsibility is taking care of every customer’s needs. Expect 100% satisfaction every time you make a purchase or visit one of our locations. Your relationship with Tandy Leather is highly respected and appreciated.
- Global Presence – Order processing from over 100 company-owned locations in the USA, Canada, and Spain.
- Price – The best prices, are available to all retail customers, and discounted price lists are available for our professional customers for greater savings.
- Quality – Top quality products from around the world.
- Selection – The most complete leather and leather supply line found anywhere.
- Service – We know our product and we love to talk about it. Need some information or suggestions on a future project? Just ask us for advice or suggestions.
- Ordering – It’s easy to order using our website, the phone, or by email. Most orders are shipped within 24 hours.
- Classes/Education – We offer workshops, demos and classes to make your LEATHER experience the best. Need to know how a tool works? Just ask and we’ll happily demonstrate it for you on the spot. Hundreds of free leathercraft how-to videos are available for viewing on our leather craft library site.
- Youth Groups/Camps – A stepping stone into leathercraft for so many. We actively work with youth groups of all kinds. Ask us about leader training, free demos, group tours and workshops.
- Institutions – Schools, hospitals and military bases qualify for preferred pricing. We have made a strong commitment to the institutional market by providing quality products and fast order turnaround at the lowest possible prices. We also offer free demos and workshops for instructors and teachers.
- Manufacturers & Distributors – We want your business. Call for large quantity prices. The more you purchase, the more you save.