The Defence and Aerospace Industry Exporters’ Association (SSI) was established in 2011 in order to bring together the exporters/manufacturers operating in the Turkish defence and aerospace industry and to increase the export capacity of the sector. Working under the auspices of Ministry of Trade and in close cooperation with the Ministry of National Defense and the Presidency of Defence Industries, SSI set its main goal as increasing the market share of the sector through overseas expansion of the current capacities of the Turkish defence and aerospace industry companies in a more organized manner.
Being the sole Exporters’ Association of the sector in Turkey, SSI has an expanding base of members including the most important companies in the sector, by increasing from the initial 60 members to around 700 today.
SSI carries out studies and activities for diversification of export products and for making export products competitive in the sectors coming under its field of activity, such as defence and security systems, land and naval vehicles, aerospace and their equipment, electronic warfare systems and logistic services, R&D, engineering, manufacturing services.
SSI is responsible for the following activities which are among its establishment goals:
• To serve as a bridge between the public and private sectors,
• To cooperate with other national and international organizations and establishments,
• To organize domestic and overseas fairs and exhibitions, to promote participation in fairs and exhibitions with promotional activities,
• To organize Procurement Delegations from potential countries to our country, to organize Trade Delegations from our country to potential countries,
• To prepare publications and sectoral reports and market research reports and make them available to the exporters,
• To announce to exporters the demands from overseas markets,
• To inform exporters and keep them abreast of developments by organizing seminars, meetings,
• To carry out effective and efficient activities in areas focused on promotion and marketing, such as developing special strategies for target markets to promote interaction and create possibilities of cooperation among producers and exporters and major overseas buyers.