This is a rare Siberian woolly mammoth tusk pair (Mammuthus primigenius) in an immaculate condition. This pair was recovered from the Siberian permafrost in 2016. Both tusks were recovered from one place. The mammoth ivory of both tusks is of highest quality.
Under our personal supervision small cracks on these tusks have been meticulously removed by one of the world’s best mammoth ivory restorers. The surface of both tusks is smooth and covered with a thin layer of transparent wax – natural matte finish (a standard procedure on all of our pieces). The restoration work on these tusks is less than 2 %. The colour of the bark is a mix of brown, cream and green.
Both stands are custom-made out of black-green granite with grey flakes and stainless steel holders. Both stands are included in the sale.
- Weight (left tusk): 6.20 kg | 13.66 lb
- Weight (right tusk): 6.02 kg | 13.27 lb
- Length (both tusks): 148 cm | 58.26 in
- Max diameter (both tusks): 7 cm | 2.75 in
- Age (both tusks): Over 10,000 years
- Origin: Sakha Republic (Yakutia)
All of our mammoth ivory comes with a German Certificate of Origin (Ursprungszeugnis).