This is an ultra-rare Siberian woolly mammoth tusk pair (Mammuthus primigenius) in an immaculate condition. This huge pair was recovered from the Siberian permafrost in 2015. Both tusks were recovered from one place. Both tips of these tusks were slightly broken when found (detailed pictures available upon serious requests) – this is a common occurrence. Other than the tips, the mammoth ivory of both tusks is of highest quality. Under our personal supervision both tips of these incredible tusks have been meticulously restored back into shape by one of the world’s best mammoth ivory restorers. Only natural mammoth ivory and ivory dust were used in the restoration process. Both tusks are smooth and covered with a thin layer of transparent wax – natural matte finish (a standard procedure on all of our pieces). The restoration work on these tusks is less than 5 %. The patina structure and colour variations on these unique pieces of our natural history are incredible.
- Weight (left tusk): 43.44 kg | 95.76 lb
- Length (left tusk): 255 cm | 100.39 in
- Weight (right tusk): 42.82 kg | 94.40 lb
- Length (right tusk): 255 cm | 100.39 in
- Max diameter (both tusks): 14 cm | 5.51 in
- Age (both tusks): Over 10,000 years
- Origin: Sakha Republic (Yakutia)
All of our mammoth ivory comes with a German Certificate of Origin (Ursprungszeugnis).