- 1892 Acquisition of the "Fichtl-"house and beginning of production in Werfen, Austria
- 1905 Award of the title "K.u.K. Kammerlieferant"
- 1912 Hunting exhibition in Vienna - Award of the Diana Silver Medal
- 1937 World exhibition in Paris - Award of the Bronze Medal for Hunting Hats
- 1991 Introduction of the "Collection Habsburg" with Otto von Habsburg's permission
- 1992 Presentation of the "Collection Habsburg" at the castle "Schloß Blühnbach"
- 1998 Award of the National Austrian Crest "österreichischen Staatswappen"
- 2003 Theresia Bartolot takes over the management of the company
In our manufacture in Werfen we currently have twelve employees. They produce Zapf hats in fifteen individual production steps.
As raw material we use hair- and wool-felt from Europe. The high quality is the result of traditional Austrian craftsmanship. In contrast to the industrial production (compression of the felt) our hats are pulled manually over a wooden shape. All subsequent working steps are done by our employee’s hands with a passion for detail. The individual design of the different models is very important to us.
The retail shop
Our retail shop in Werfen is opened the whole year and offers a wide range of hats and accessories for women and men.
The collection for women includes hats from the collections Zapf Classic and Collection Habsburg. In addition, we offer fashionable hats from international producers. Depending on the season of the year we have different accessories like scarves, gloves and handbags.
Besides to our hunting hats from the collection Zapf hunting, we provide classic models from the product line Zapf Classic and Collection Habsburg for men. Also men find scarves and gloves of high quality in our shop.
In our view a competent consulting service is very important if you consider purchasing a hat. Therefore we are looking forward to your visit in Werfen.