A professional survival knife must perform in all weather with no exceptions. The professional survival knife must be comfortable and safe to handle for both fine and rough work in summer heat and winter cold. We at Fallkniven have considered every design aspect of these superb professional survival knifes and we stand behind them with a lifetime warranty on materials and workmanship.
Compared to their predecessors, the Pro series of F1, S1 and A1 differs in the following important areas:
1. The original laminated VG10 steel is upgraded to a laminate cobalt steel (lam. CoS) blade that ensures a durable edge and improved edge retention.
2. The blades are thicker increasing the torsional rigidity so the knives will withstand even greater external forces.
3. The full-length tapered tang is wider and thicker and therefore significantly stronger.
4. The crossguard is now made of stainless steel and permanently welded to the tang.
5. The convex blade edge has been refined to improve its cutting properties.
6. The zytel sheaths are redesigned, more durable, and better suited for the Molle attachment system.
7. The Pro Series knives are supplied with our most popular combination DC4 whetstone. The DC4 offers a diamond whetstone on one side, and a ceramic stone for field sharpening on the other side .
8. Each Pro Series knife is packaged in a shock-resistant, waterproof box that can be used for storage of smart phones, GPS, documents, survival gear and much more.