Self-loading pistol Model VIG 007 Speedfire
Technical characteristics :
- Calibre and used cartridge - 9 mm Luger
- Pistol dimensions:
- length - 195 mm
- grip width - 28 mm
- skirt width - 24 mm
- height - 125 mm
- Barrel length - 115 mm
- Pistol weight: This characteristic is currently being finalized; planned weight is 650 - 720 g without cartridges
- Number of cartridges in the magazine - 14
- Type of automatics – roller breech locking with the fixed barrel
The pistol has no lateral projections, which helps to camouflage its carrying and makes it instantly ready for shooting.
The pistol has following characteristic features and some advantages as compared with models currently existing in the world:
- Stationary barrel fixed in the frame, which improves shooting accuracy;
- Barrel casing, which reduced barrel vibrations at firing and improves shooting accuracy;
- Low situated barrel channel axis (15 mm), which allows comfortable gun hold at aiming and reduces the gun vertical jump at shooting (element of recoil);
- Roller breech lock at shooting (breech opening at shooting is delayed by means of a roller and complementary spring), which allows a considerable reduction of the weight of breech and complete pistol as well as energy reduction at breech impact into the frame when being displaced into the rear extreme position (element of recoil);
- Roller crash member of breech, which also reduces the power of breech impact into the frame when being displaced into the rear extreme position (element of recoil);
- In the rear part, the breech has a chamfered shape, which softens the pistol recoil at shooting (element of recoil) and facilitates manual cocking of breech when the cock is in the initial position during gun loading before fire and after a failure;
- Safety lock of "unloading" provides for gun safety at unloading and disassembly;
- Cocking by hand is difficult (several operations are needed); this is why rapid implementation of the first shot is feasible only in the regime of self-cocking, which provides for the protection against unintended discharge in the case of distressed gunman. However, if there is time enough and a chance, the cocking can be made by hand using several operations and the first shot can be made with high accuracy;
- New magazine detent can be easily disengaged by both right and left hand;
- Firing and triggering mechanism is located under the barrel near the trigger, which provides for an easy access to its parts at cleaning and lubrication, and allows an easy disassembly to the user for repair and replacement of parts without any special tools;
- Breech consists of two parts – slide and bushing; this provides for an easy access to the breech assembly at cleaning and lubrication;
- Unintended disassembly at handling the pistol in the state of readiness for shooting is prevented; the pistol can be disassembled only after the magazine has been ejected from the grip.
The Company plans to use other two automatic safety locks in order to increase safety and three ways of increasing practical cadence to justify the model name of "Speedfire".
In the future, this model will be manufactured also for pistol cartridges of other calibres, with a plastic frame and various optional complementary equipment (aiming devices, tactical flashlights etc.).
Moreover, a new pistol cartridge will be developed for this model of pistol and for another model VIG 008 that will further improve their characteristics.