This re-enactment reconstruction of a Norman one-hand Sword by Ulfberth® stands in the tradition of this quite dynamic sword-type. Typologically the sword is clearly an Oakshott Type X, the guard is of type no. 6 and the pommel a type A.
The hand-forged spring-steel balde is oilhardened and well tempered to a Rockwell hardness of approx. 48-50 HRC. It's forged up to the tang and peened with the pommel. The wooden grip ius wrapped with leather-lace. The Guard is forged from mild-steel. The blade has got a distinctive fuller which offers both flexibility and a lesser weight.
The edges are blunt and the tip is rounded for safety. Each of our Norman one-handed swords is intricately crafted by hand.
- Battle-ready Sword Category: SK-B
- Blade material: Spring-steel EN45, tempered
- Rockwell hardness of blade: approx. 48-50 HRC
- Sword type after Oakshott: X, Guard: No. 6, Pommel: Type A
- Total length: approx. 91 cm
- Blade length: approx. 74.7 cm
- Width at guard: approx. 4.1 cm
- Blade thickness: approx. 4 mm
- Edge of the blade: 2 mm, lightly rounded
- Point of balance: approx. 14.5 cm from guard
- Weight: approx. 950 g
Other products from
You decided to attend the IWA OutdoorClassics? Get your tickets at the