From a technical point of view, Roehrs multi-wire springs are highly sophisticated products and are used in case single-wire springs made of round, flat or square wire could fail due to highly dynamic frequencies and high-impulse stresses or could not guarantee the operational safety. Due to the strand structure, multi-wire springs display increased spring loads and reduced torsion stresses at high deflections compared to single-wire springs.
The tensile stresses in the cross-section of the wire significantly counteract the torsion stresses which would normally destroy the spring and lead to an increased damping effect.
The essential advantages at a glance:
- Absorption of high impact velocities and peak loads
- Absorption of high dynamic frequencies
- Excellent damping features
- Optimization of damping and gliding features as well as durability by means of thermoplastic coating
- Optimum utilization of material in the cross section of the wire strand by converting torsion into tensile stresses
- High operational safety, as the spring force is virtually unaffected by breakages within the strand
- High deflections possible, even given small outer diameters
- Flat spring characteristic, increasing progressively when close to solid length