The history of the Tula Cartridge Works dates back to the year of 1880, when Emperor Alexander II ordered that private investments should be attracted for setting up of an ammunition factory in Tula.
Already in 1882 the factory reached its full capacity of more than 30 million 10,67 mm cartridges a year for Berdan N2 infantry rifle. In 1892 the factory launched production of new 7,62 mm cartridges for the model 1891Mosin-Nagant rifle. Over 25 per cent of all ammunition used by the Russian Army in WWI (1914-1918) was supplied by the Tula Cartridge Works.
Over its history, the factory consistently developed production capacities, introduced advanced technologies and installed new equipment. The enterprise contributed greatly to supplying the Soviet Army with ammunition during WWII (1941-1945). After the war the factory had its production processes automated and launched production of new ammunition types.
At the present time the Tula Cartridge Woks is the leading Russian ammunition factory and the largest supplier of ammunition at home and abroad.
Over the past several years the factory launched production of a wide variety of commercial products for training, self-defense and hunting. Such ammunition is marketed in Russia and worldwide under the trademark Tulammo. We export to North, Central and South America, to EU countries, to the Middle East and across the CIS. The factory exports over 50 per cent of its overall production.
The Tula Cartridge Works presents the popular Tulammo ammunition:
- The quality control system applied at the enterprise ensures superior performance of each cartridge under any climatic conditions.
- We produce a wide variety of ammunition in various calibers.
- The unique technologies introduced in the production process are protected by more than 20 patents for inventions.
- The new advanced technology polymer coating offers stable dimensions, better performance and functioning.
- All cartridges comply with the Russian and International Standards.