Homak Manufacturing was founded in 1947 in Chicago by Sigmund H. Danziger. The name "Homak" was coined after a sign that Sigmund saw on a hat store. Originally a manufacturer of steel kitchen cabinets, Homak Expanded its product offerings in the 1960s to included a separate line of hardware products such as toolboxes, tool cabinets, and other accessories. Homak's hardware line remained strong and was accepted in many major retail businesses of its time. Following Sigmund's death in 1979, his wife, Gertrude, ran the company for 25 years. Under Gertrude's guidance, Homak extended its product line with automotive, hospital, and sporting goods.
In January of 2005 Homak was acquired by JVA and moved its office to western Pennsylvania. Its facility now resides in the Wampum Underground Commerce Center. Today, Homak emphasizes tool storage and gun cabinet security. The full product line consists of hand-carry toolboxes, tool bags, parts organizers, tool storage cabinets, workbenches, garage furniture, safety cabinets, spill containment systems, p.b&e. products, steel lockers, gun cabinets, fire-resistant safes, ammo storage boxes and accessories. Each item is manufactured to exceed customer's expectations, and to provide strength and dependability to the customer.