Get the world's most complete ballistics calculator -- a rugged Kestrel Weather Meter with the "science of accuracy" built in! Get accurate measurement of wind and air density to deliver elevation and windage solutions for unprecedented accuracy on extended long range shots. Improved 2015 design!
Kestrel Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics Overview
- Employs the Applied Ballistics bullet library of custom drag models, an exact measurement of your bullet’s drag profile plus corrections for Aerodynamic Jump, Spin Drift, Coriolis, and Drop Scale Factoring to achieve accurate extended long-range shots.
- Expanded features include a customizable Range Card and an expanded Ballistics Data Table, as well as storage for up to 16 gun and bullet profiles and 5 saved targets.
- Weather mode offers the full environmental measurements, storage and charting capabilities of the Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter, including wind speed, direction, crosswind, temperature, humidity, pressure and altitude.
- Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth Smart® provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers and integration with LiNK compatible laser range finders for improved speed and accuracy. (Note: LiNK Dongle sold seperately)
- Kestrel LiNK for Ballistics app on Android and iOS(Coming Soon!) provides full gun management as well as access to the Applied Ballistics library of custom drag models for transfer to the Kestrel.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight. Includes both bright white and night-vision-preserving red backlight.
- Choice of solution units (Mils, true MOA, Shooter’s MOA, or clicks) - works with any gun or targeting scope.
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats.
- Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
- 5-year warranty.
The Kestrel Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics takes the guesswork out of long-range shooting, even out to the transonic and subsonic flight range of your bullet.
This next-generation integrated weather meter and ballistics solver provides the same trusted accuracy, reliability, and usability as the original Kestrel 4500 with Applied Ballistics but adds many new features and options. If you’re familiar with the Kestrel 4500, the first thing you’ll notice is the larger, higher-resolution and contrast display and improved font readability. The Kestrel 5 series also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens and AA battery operation and offers optional LiNK iOS and Android wireless connectivity and app support. Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel Elite is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage – so it can accompany you to the range, hunt, match, deployment or engagement for years to come. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel meter with you.
Buy the Kestrel Elite with LiNK and get the power of the free Kestrel LiNK Ballistics app. Build and manage your gun/bullet profiles and download them to your Kestrel Elite before you set out. Choose from the extensive Litz library of custom bullet drag models for the most precise transonic and subsonic range solutions available anywhere. At the range or match, secure your Kestrel Elite to a tripod using the optional Kestrel Vane Mount and use the app to quickly adjust the target range and view the shooting solution and wind rose without leaving your shooting position. The LiNK Ballistics app even lets you set up multiple targets for single-screen viewing – just about an unfair advantage! It’s like having a meteorologist and ballistician standing next to you while you shoot.
LiNK enabled units can also be wirelessly paired with LiNK compatible laser range finders, such as the Bushnell Elite 1 Mile CONX, to seamlessly integrate target data into the ballistic solution for unparalleled speed and accuracy.
In addition to the ballistics solver capabilities, the Kestrel Elite is a comprehensive weather meter for measurement and logging of primary environmental conditions, including wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, heat index, pressure and altitude. Paired with the Vane Mount, the Kestrel Elite becomes a compact, easily-deployable weather station. Your data log can be transferred to a mobile device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication option and Kestrel LiNK app, or to a PC/MAC with either the wireless USB Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (Both sold separately).
Kestrels have been put to the test in some of the harshest conditions on the planet. U.S. Special Forces, combat weather teams, wildland firefighters, smoke jumpers, Mt. Everest expeditions and auto pit crews are just a few who rely on a Kestrel to provide them with the crucial environmental data they need. Watch any on-screen meteorologist during a hurricane, and you’re sure to spot a Kestrel in action. With a Kestrel Elite, you can put accurate shooting solutions and environmental measurements in the palm of your hand, anywhere your adventure takes you.