Created in January 2004 to bring together the French, Belgian and Swedish Explosives & Propellants activities, EURENCO inherited its prestigious predecessors’ (SNPE and Bofors) centuries of in-depth knowledge of energetic materials.
In December 2013, Groupe SNPE (owner of EURENCO) was acquired by GIAT Industries (parent company of the NEXTER Group).
Ranges of EURENCO products are marketed through specific brands:
- Bofors Powders: propellants for hunting, sporting and law enforcement
- MANUCO: energetic nitrocellulose for propellants and propelling charges
- PB Clermont: spherical powders for small and medium caliber ammunition
- VeryOne: 2-EHN cetane improver for diesel fuels
From its headquarters based South of Paris (Massy •), EURENCO operates 4 modern production plants in France (Bergerac •, Sorgues •), Belgium (Clermont •) and Sweden (Karlskoga •).
EURENCO is also present in the United States, through a commercial office in Washington DC • (for explosives, propellants and combustible items) and a distribution company in Houston • (for fuel additives).
In order to meet the strong market demand, EURENCO also runs a number of storage facilities worldwide, among which one of the largest storage parks for pyrotechnics in continental Europe.
PB Clermont, standing for “Poudrerie Belge de Clermont”, was founded in 1850 and is one of the world’s most experienced propellant manufacturers.
PB Clermont produces exclusively spherical propellants, a nitrocellulose smokeless powder suitable for:
- small and medium caliber (up to 25 mm) ammunition
- civil applications (power tools)
- mortar rounds secondary charges Spherical powders provide an improved loading of cartridges due to an excellent flowability, excellent physical and chemical stability, as well as lower barrel erosion.
Faced with an extensive and highly diversified worldwide market, PB Clermont has made a point of listening carefully to customer requirement and trends, in order to constantly enhance, optimize or innovate.