The Modular Reconnaissance Chest Rig was designed for those who need modularity and efficiency during patrols, recon and vehicle operations.
The MRCR can be used both as a standalone chest rig in conjunction with the LC-Ergo Reconnaissance Harness and the Chest Pad Air as well as a placard mounted directly on the LC-AWPC, Back Flap or other plate carriers.
This high degree of modularity allows the user to comfortably and effectively do his job during various parts of the mission. When patrolling for many kilometers towards the objective, the operator is able to keep his plate carrier and his direct-action equipment in his rucksack while still carry the mission essentials at the ready. Once he is closing in on the objective and it is appropriate to wear ballistic protections the modularity of the MRCR allows the user to quickly change from chest rig to plate carrier configuration. This capability is key for keeping all of those down times to a minimum and it eliminates the risk of error since it is not necessary to move any piece of equipment from one platform to the other.
The Modular Reconnaissance Chest Rig features a multitude of pockets which were implemented based on the use of most popular items during these sorts of missions:
• 3 EOT (Elastic Open Top) rifle magazine pouches;
• 2 VF (Velcro Flap) multi use pockets, ideal for a flashlight, a multitool or a tourniquet;
• 1 VF (Velcro Flap) General Purpose pouch for medical essentials, Nav gear or miscellaneous items;
• 2 columns of LAHYCO® MOLLE surface for maximum customization, depending on the mission profile;
• 1 wide pocket sealed by the new YKK® Aquaguard® waterrepellent zipper, ideal for field notes, maps, documents or any flat item.
The true modularity of the MRCR comes from the suite of product and accessories (some already available and other coming soon) that allow the user to even further configure his platform. The Ultra-Mate® hook backing not only allows to attach this chest rig to another platform but it also provides the ability to attach other pouches on both sides as well as at the bottom. To achieve this high degree of modularity the shape and sides of the MRCR are slick and streamlined, therefore the most effective and efficient attachment are the ITW Waterbury® G-Hooks.