Diese Website verwendet Cookies, um das Angebot nutzerfreundlicher und effektiver zu machen. Mit der Nutzung dieser Website stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu.Weitere Informationen über die Verwendung von Cookies und die Möglichkeit der Verwendung von Cookies zu widersprechen, finden Sie hier.
In 1905, two Englishmen named Roy Squires and William Bingham put up a photo print shop and merchandising firm in the Philippines. The company established was called Squires, Bingham & Co.
Squires and Bingham eventually expanded their business to general trading; importing and retailing motorcycles and sporting goods - including firearms and ammunition. By the 1930's, Squires Bingham Co. had become popularly associated with sporting guns. It was at this point in time that Arthur D. Hileman, an ex-US Army Hospital Corpsman, purchased the store from its original owners.
In 1941, the store - referred to as the "Sportsmen's Headquarters" - found a new owner in Celso S. Tuason. Unfortunately, just four months after he purchased the store, World Ward II broke out and Japan invaded the Philippines! Naturally, the invaders first order of business, much to dismay of Don Celso, was to confiscate all the firearms in his store. To survive, Squires Bingham Company had to rely on its clothing and haberdashery during those dark years.
After the war, due to foreign exchange controls, Don Celso Tuason decided to venture into manufacturing. He focused on the most popular and profitable item in the store - firearms and ammunition. Like most countries after World War II, it was a time of rebuilding. Thus, in 1952, the President of the Philippines granted the Tuason family permission to manufacture firearms and ammunition locally as it was in line with his governments thrust towards industrialization. This led to the birth of Squires Bingham Manufacturing. Inc.
In the mid-1960's, Don Celson Tuason decided that it was time to turn over the management of the Company to his three sons - Bolo, Butch and Conkoy. In 1980, Squires Bingham Co., Inc. became the holding company of the Celso S. Tuason family and their varied business interests. Don Celso's eldest son, Demetrio "Bolo" Tuason, was chosen to be the Chairman and President of the manufacturing company for firearms and ammunition. Thus, Arms Corporation of the Philippines (Armscor) was born.