Price per Unit (piece): 2 588 SEK (including 25 % tax)
There are survival knives, and there are survival knives for the professional survival. Our models F1, S1 and A1 have provided exceptional service for more than twenty years and due to their outstanding quality and durability will continue to do so for many years to come. Nevertheless our desire to strive for continual improvement has led us to develop the new Pro Series which takes the concept of the survival knife to unimaginable heights of quality. We began developing these impressive new knives in 2010 and five years later, we’re able to offer three survival knives which set the benchmark for survival knife manufacture the world over – the Pro series. To put it simply a knife is a blade and a handle. But if this vital tool is to remain strong and stay sharp you have to add fairly decent materials. If you then claim to call a knife “professional” you take on a responsibility to the user to raise the bar above what is normal. So it is with the Pro series.
New and improved Pro series specification
Pro series of F1, S1 and A1 differs from its predecessors in the following important details:
1. The laminated VG10 steel is replaced with a laminate cobalt steel (lam. CoS) which, amongst other things, ensures a durable edge and improved edge retention.
2. The blades are consistently thicker causing an increased torsional rigidity - they will withstand even greater external forces than before.
3. The tapered tang is wider and thicker and thus significantly stronger.
4. The crossguard is made of stainless steel and permanently mounted to the tang.
5. The convex edge has been refined to improve the cutting properties.
6. The zytel sheaths are redesigned meaning they are more durable and are better suited to the Molle attachment system.
7. The knives are supplied with our most valued combination whetstone, the DC4. It offers both a diamond whetstone and a ceramic stone for field sharpening.
8. The knives are packed in shock-resistant, waterproof boxes that can be used for storage of smart phones, GPS, documents, survival gear and much more.
Understandably these knives fall into a higher price category. However, considering the unparalleled quality they are by no means over priced. A professional survival knife should be able to be relied upon in the all-weather and we really mean all weather. It should also be pleasant, safe and comfortable to handle whether it’s fine or rough work, summer heat or winter cold. We have considered everything in the design of this quite superb knife and we, therefore, offer a lifetime warranty on materials and workmanship.
Leider gibt es für diesen Aussteller kein deutsches Firmenprofil.
It’s correct to put that question. What do you get, actually? Well, first of all you get a lot of knife from the very start, a knife which is strong, comfortable and stays sharp very well or extremely well. And, after some ten or twenty years, it’s time for grinding the knife back to original shape. Ten dollars later, you can continue to use the knife for another ten years, or so. You also get a safe knife, well tested long before it was put into production. As a result, our warranty commitments are as low as 0,1 %.
Expensive? No. Cost effective? Yes.
And during all these years you have had the access to a much reliable knife, well tested by both elite soldiers and people who use to stay long in the wilderness. Check your knife account, we are sure that you haven’t bought many more knives after you made your first purchase of a Falky knife. Expensive? No. Enjoyable? Yes.
Instead, you’ve been climate smart! You haven’t gone for those fancy, hip, fashion, super cheap knives though they look good and were offering a smart surface and design. There is a straight connection between price and quality and for sure, you understand that a cheap knife cannot provide much of a quality. So, buying many cheap knives, you are wasting our limited earth resources and still you need to replace them every year because they don’t stand up to your expectations.
So, now you know. Buying cheap is expensive, buying quality will make you smile. Save your wallet and the climate and buy a Fallkniven product – you won’t regret that!